Position: Web & Digital Content Coordinator
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary: Starting at $15/hour, DOE with benefits
Location: Anchorage or Nome, AK
Opening/Closing: Job posted Jan. 29, 2020; open until filled
The Web & Digital Content Coordinator furthers the KNOM mission by maintaining daily operations of digital content, infrastructure, and online branding as an extension of the radio signal.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with WordPress or similar content management systems (admin experience preferred)
- Experience with social media clients and platforms
- Fluency with digital technologies, current trends, current state and culture of online media
- Intermediate-or-higher proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Lightroom & Photoshop) preferred
- Experience managing Google Analytics, G-Suite, Dropbox, Slack, & Microsoft Office
- Detail-oriented and sharp acuity a must for writing, proofreading, photography & design
- Experience with news writing for web
- Familiarity with culture, history, and lifestyles of rural Alaska and the sub- Arctic preferred
- Prior broadcasting experience preferred
- Willingness to travel to rural, isolated Alaska communities
- Ability to uphold mission and values
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Development team to share the mission through consistent branding, “voice” for web
- Coordinate with News team for daily digital content
- Ensure copyrights, licensing, & KNOM standards and best practices are maintained
- Administrate KNOM’s WordPress site, perform CMS updates, domain / hosting maintenance
- Manage internal software accounts and corresponding licensing subscriptions and assist in I.T. admin
- Travel to rural Alaska as needed (e.g. assist with winter race season)
- On-call as needed for any breaking news content
- Other duties as assigned
Send a complete cover letter, resume, and aircheck to email@example.com.
“Encountering Christ, embracing culture, empowering growth, and engaging the listener.” Operating as the oldest Catholic radio station in the country, KNOM values being a friend and companion, providing respectful service based on Catholic ideals. We’re KNOM: Yours for Western Alaska.
Values: Friend and companion – Respectful service – Catholic ideals.