Position: Program Assistant
Hours: Full-time, hourly, 40 hours/week
Salary: $17.00-$19.00/hour, DOE
Location: Nome, AK
Opening/Closing: Job posted April 22, 2021; open until filled
The Program Assistant supports the radio station’s activities, including content, tone, programming, production, and online presence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Operations Manager by coordinating production, programming, and underwriting to plan and execute shows and on-air events as well as help create digital multimedia content.
- Informs Operations Manager of any anomalies or deficiencies that may warrant correction or resolution.
- Coordinates, guides, reviews, and approves public service announcements.
- Handles announcer shift with creativity, imagination, and professional judgment that reflects the KNOM mission.
- Logs underwriting. Updates programming clocks. Adds new music and canned programming to the station’s rotation. Records weather forecasts and any other media essential to the station’s operation.
- Participates in regular listening/air check reviews of on-air talent with the Operations Manager, along with other team meetings.
- Acts as an ambassador for KNOM and its mission; maintains a positive and approachable attitude.
- A teachable and flexible attitude.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, e-mail, and office communication tools.
- Knowledge and appreciation of diverse music genres.
- Able to be engaging on the air and to work across various formats; familiar with Western Alaska’s culture, issues, and way of life.
- Ability to plan and organize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and work both independently and collaboratively with others.
- Good oral and written communication skills; excellent grammar; can adjust communications style based on audience needs.
- Minimum 5 years work experience demonstrating dependability, responsibility, and leadership.
- 4-year college degree preferred but not required.
- Valid driver’s license.
Contact General Manager Tony Calumet at [email protected] or call 907-304-3096. Please send a resume and audio of your voice, along with three references.
KNOM’s mission statement is “Encountering Christ, embracing culture, empowering growth, and engaging the listener.”
Operating as the oldest Catholic radio station in the country, KNOM values being a friend and companion, providing respectful service based on Catholic ideals.
We’re KNOM. Yours for Western Alaska.
KNOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).