Position: Program Assistant
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Salary: $21/hr with benefits
Location: Nome, AK
Opening/Closing: Job posted Jan. 29, 2020; open until filled
The Program Assistant aides in coordinating KNOM’s programming, ensuring consistency with KNOM’s Catholic mission and presented creatively, professionally, and sustainably.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1 year of radio experience required
- Background/Experience with ZETTA & G-Selector on-air software preferred
- Skilled in Adobe Audition, Dropbox, Slack, Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of rural Alaska concerns and issues
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a professional manner with team members &listeners over the phone, via email, and on-air
- Ability to uphold mission and values
Duties and Responsibilities
- Edit and schedule daily, weekly, and specialty on-air logs & programs
- Host on-air shifts as assigned
- Train and lead volunteer-fellows and community announcers in KNOM on-air standards
- Coordinate with GM for volunteer & staff on-air checks
- Edit spot and feature content of volunteers & staff
- Coordinate communication for station underwriting with GM
- Maintain studio scripts, training manuals, pronunciation guides, contact information, and policies
- Outreach to community for tours of the station, local student trainings/internships
- Organize, archive, and update the KNOM music library
- Organize, archive, and preserve historic KNOM audio content
- Other duties as assigned
Send a complete cover letter, resume, and aircheck to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Encountering Christ, embracing culture, empowering growth, and engaging the listener.” Operating as the oldest Catholic radio station in the country, KNOM values being a friend and companion, providing respectful service based on Catholic ideals. We’re KNOM: Yours for Western Alaska.
Values: Friend and companion – Respectful service – Catholic ideals.
KNOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).