Position: Program Director
Hours: Full-time, hourly, 40 hours/week
Wage range: $30.00-$36.20/hr
Location: Nome, AK
Opening/Closing: Job posted April 20, 2022; open until filled
The Nome-based Program Director coordinates all KNOM’s programming, ensuring all music, PSA’s, and programs are consistent with KNOM’s mission and values and are presented creatively, professionally, and sustainably. The Program Director is the supervisor of all KNOM’s announcers, including staff and community DJs.
This is and hourly, full-time position. Wage range is $30.00-$36.20/hr, depending on experience and education. Benefits include health insurance, paid time off, 403B retirement plan.
- Bachelor’s degree required, equivalent experience considered.
- 2-3 years professional broadcasting experience preferred.
- Experience with audio production utilizing Adobe Audition and ZETTA software.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team with a small core staff and volunteers.
- Ability to learn operation of all broadcast equipment in the KNOM station building.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise all non-news production activities including selection, production, and rotation of KNOM inspirational/educational PSA’s, produced shows, and music library.
- Oversee, train, coach, and coordinate scheduling for all on-air talent and volunteer fellows.
- Manage RCS digital software, including generating and maintaining daily log activity, scheduler, and software updates.
- Outreach to Western Alaska region to improve cultural and local connections with programming, such as with students and elders and through travel to communities.
- Some evening, weekend, and holiday work may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applying does not guarantee any candidate an interview. Candidates are interviewed by appointment only. Required documents are:
- Cover letter
Upon offer of employment, applicants must be willing to go through a background check. Send all documentation for Program Director to:
Tony Calumet, General Manager for KNOM AM & FM, at email@example.com.
To read or download the full job description as a PDF document, click here.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
KNOM Mission Radio does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ancestry, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity in admission or access to the treatment of employment in its programs and activities as required by state and federal law.