Hours: Full-time, hourly, 40 hours/week
Wage range: $24.50-$29.00/hr
Location: Nome, AK
Opening/Closing: Job posted April 20, 2022; open until filled
This Nome-based job is the entry-level core position and includes on-the-air work combined with other production duties. A high degree of flexibility, respect, and team orientation is required. Work hours vary with staffing and seasonal changes. Producers report to program director. Initially, this position will train to be proficient in both production and news, then specialize in program production in accordance with employee’s professional development plan.
This is an hourly, full-time position. Wage range is $24.50-$29.00/hr, depending on experience and education. Benefits include health insurance, paid time off, 403B retirement plan.
- Bachelor’s degree/equivalent experience, or degree in progress considered
- Experience in media/communications preferred
- Affinity for rural Alaska
- Ability to learn and operate studio-broadcasting equipment, production and news software
- Excellent written & speaking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and on a small team, and accept and incorporate feedback
- Evening, weekend, and holiday work may be required
- Ability to travel on small aircraft, traveling as needed for program production
- Alignment with KNOM mission and values
- Driver’s license
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deejay as scheduled – this includes recording/preparing updated weather and announcements
- Maintain, uphold and promote station format and scheduled programming
- Write and produce a variety of spots and feature programming
- Ensure that produced programming supports mission standards and values
- Meet program production goals and deadlines as outlined by the program director
- Ensure online content is prepared appropriately and in a timely fashion
- Western Alaska travel as needed for production and feature programs
- Other duties as assigned.
Applying does not guarantee any candidate an interview. Candidates are interviewed by appointment only. Required documents are:
- Cover letter
Upon offer of employment, applicants must be willing to go through a background check. Send all documentation for Producer to:
Tony Calumet, General Manager for KNOM AM & FM, at email@example.com.
To read or download the full job description as a PDF document, click here.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
KNOM Mission Radio does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ancestry, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity in admission or access to the treatment of employment in its programs and activities as required by state and federal law.