How to help KNOM with unused gift cards
- Mail gift cards to KNOM, PO Box 988, Nome, AK 99762. It’s a good idea to sandwich it between two papers or index cards so it doesn’t get ruined during automated postal processing.
- Email eCODEs (electronic gift card codes) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be sure to include your name and address/email so we know whom to thank.
- We’ve been advised that gift cards are probably not tax deductible, be sure to check with your tax accountant if this is important to you.
The fine print
- Gift cards and eCODEs must have a minimum of $10 in value remaining.
- Gift cards and eCODEs must be transferrable.
- KNOM can redeem gift cards and eCODEs from nearly 400 vendors, including restaurant chains.
How it works
- KNOM collects and tallies the cards/codes.
- We bundle the cards/codes in a batch and mail/email them to a broker.
- The broker will determine a buy-back value (usually 15% discount rate of face value).
- The broker sends a check to KNOM or exchanges for cards KNOM can use (at a lower discount rate).
We’ll use the 100% of the value of cards for things we need now:
- Amazon.com and Best Buy for engineering supplies and equipment
- Sears for a dishwasher
- Hewlett Packard for a copier
- Apple for computers and accessories
- iTunes for music downloads
- Office Max/Staples for paper and office supplies
- LL Bean for volunteer house bedding
Thanks so much for your support!