Your adventure awaits.
Here’s how to make it happen.
Four simple steps:
- Verify that you are a US Citizen and will hold a Bachelor’s Degree by the start of your service year.
- Download our application: in PDF format.
- Fill out the application; make sure you include all information that’s requested. Shoot any questions to Outreach Coordinator Laura Collins: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit your completed app, either by regular mail or email. See instructions below.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled, with priority given to those received by February 1st. The application review and interview process occurs in the spring, with positions starting in June and July.
If you’re interested in applying later in the year, send an email to Outreach Director Laura Collins at email@example.com. Inquiries are always welcome.
Submitting applications by email
Attach the various parts of your application to an email sent to Outreach Director Laura Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that Part 9 of the application – your university transcript(s) – cannot be submitted electronically. KNOM will not accept photocopies or computer printouts of your grades. Please mail an official stamped/sealed copy from your university registrar or arrange to have your transcript(s) mailed directly from your university registrar to the following address:
KNOM Volunteer Applications
PO Box 988
Nome, Alaska 99762
attn: Laura Collins
For Part 16 of the application – your audio sample – an .mp3 file or a .wav file would be fine; just attach it to the email message with the rest of your application.
Place all of the items for your application in a single envelope. You can record your audio sample (for Part 16 of the application) on a CD; please include this in your application envelope and send it to the address above. Include your official signed/sealed university transcripts, or have them mailed directly from your registrar, as above.
- All KNOM volunteers must enter their term of service with a Bachelor’s Degree from a college or university. KNOM is unable to consider applications from “gap year” candidates or from any other applicant who will not have completed a Bachelor’s Degree by the beginning of her or his service year.
- All applicants must be citizens of the United States. We are currently unable to consider applications from outside the U.S.
- Unfortunately, because of the limitations of our volunteer housing, we are unable to consider applications from married couples. Accommodations in our volunteer dormitory consist of twin-sized beds in individual rooms; we regret that we do not have the appropriate facilities to accommodate married couples or families.
Read our Frequently-Asked Questions!
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, shoot an email to Outreach Director Laura Collins: email@example.com.