Hours: Full time, 40 hours/week, Exempt
Location: Nome, Alaska
Reports to: General Manager
Posted: Nov. 29, 2017
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Program Director coordinates all KNOM’s programming, ensuring all music, PSAs, and programs are consistent with KNOM’s Catholic mission and are presented creatively, professionally, and sustainably. The Program Director is the supervisor of all KNOM’s on-air talent, including staff, volunteer fellows, and community DJs.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5 years professional broadcasting experience preferred.
- Experience with audio production utilizing Adobe Audition and ZETTA software.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team with a small core of staff and volunteers.
- Ability to learn operation of all broadcast equipment in the KNOM station building.
Brief Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise all non-news production activities including selection, production, and rotation of KNOM inspirational/educational PSAs, produced shows, and music library.
- Train, coach, and coordinate scheduling for all on-air talent and volunteer fellows.
- Manage RCS digital software, including generating and maintaining daily log activity, scheduler, and software updates.
- Outreach to Western Alaska region to improve cultural and local connections with programming, such as with students and elders and through travel to communities.
- Collaborate with KNOM Spiritual Director to enhance Catholic programming.
- Some evening, weekend, and holiday work may be required.
Send a cover letter and resume to:
Margaret A. DeMaioribus, KNOM General Manager
KNOM Radio Mission broadcasts faith, inspiration, news, and education to thousands of listeners across the remote region of Western Alaska: from the Yukon Delta to the Bering Strait and throughout the villages and rural stretches of the Alaskan Bush. Operating as the oldest Catholic radio station in the country, KNOM values being a friend and companion, providing respectful service based on Catholic ideals. Learn more »