Position: Lead Reporter
Hours: Full time, 40 hours/week, Exempt
Location: Nome, AK
Reports to: News Director
Opening/Closing: Job posted May 25, 2018; open until filled
The Lead Reporter serves as KNOM’s primary journalist for Western Alaska and is responsible for anchoring daily and weekly newscasts on KNOM AM & FM. The Lead Reporter assists the News Director in training and coaching KNOM volunteer fellows.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1 year professional broadcasting experience.
- Experience with Adobe Audition software.
- Knowledge of current news standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and on a small team.
- Ability to operate all broadcast equipment in the KNOM station building.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Anchor daily newscasts, weather recordings, and breaking news events.
- Write and produce news content for daily newscasts.
- Attend and report on city, regional, and statewide meetings.
- Travel throughout Western Alaska to identify news tips and cover stories relevant to the region.
- Host live call-in shows addressing issues affecting Western Alaska.
- Ensure news content meets FCC guidelines and fulfills mission of KNOM.
- Report to News Director to ensure online content meets needs of knom.org audience.
- Some evening, weekend, and holiday work may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Send a complete cover letter, resume, and aircheck to: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Encountering Christ, embracing culture, empowering growth, and engaging the listener.” Operating as the oldest Catholic radio station in the country, KNOM values being a friend and companion, providing respectful service based on Catholic ideals. We’re KNOM: Yours for Western Alaska.