No one was injured in the kitchen fire smoldering in the home of a Nome ambulance department volunteer, but the intense heat and smoke killed his dog while he was out on a call.
As new noise, firearm, and marijuana ordinances are readied for public consumption, the city council is preparing to interview two candidates for the city manager job.
The shack next to the city’s ice skating rink will be partly demolished after an electrical fire on Wednesday night.
A small blaze ignited on Nome’s 3rd Avenue and Steadman Street Wednesday evening—damaging the gear room and warm-up shack next to the city’s ice skating rink.
A group of four boaters leaving Nome late Monday night were forced ashore by engine trouble. They started a fire to stay warm, but the flames quickly got out of hand.
Ten charges were handed down against 34-year-old Kandie Allen on Nov. 24, including felony arson and assault charges.
Budgets and other fiscal business were the topic of conversation at Monday night’s Nome City Council meeting, with special emphasis on finding a solution to the lack of lighting on Nome’s Snake River Bridge.
Two people were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out Thursday evening at a Nome eight-plex apartment at the intersection of East 3rd Avenue and Moore Way.
The Nome Volunteer Fire Department has a new Acting Chief— Jerry Steiger. City Manager Josie Bahnke appointed Steiger to the job last week.
High winds from tonight’s storm broke off the top of a power pole on Front Street, taking a transformer with it. Nome Joint Utility employees and…