No one was injured in the kitchen fire smoldering in the home of a Nome ambulance department volunteer, but the intense heat and smoke killed his dog while he was out on a call.
The shack next to the city’s ice skating rink will be partly demolished after an electrical fire on Wednesday night.
A small blaze ignited on Nome’s 3rd Avenue and Steadman Street Wednesday evening—damaging the gear room and warm-up shack next to the city’s ice skating rink.
A group of four boaters leaving Nome late Monday night were forced ashore by engine trouble. They started a fire to stay warm, but the flames quickly got out of hand.
Ten charges were handed down against 34-year-old Kandie Allen on Nov. 24, including felony arson and assault charges.
The annual PFD payout is, for many, a holiday unto itself. For communities like Nome, the arrival of PFD checks also means business — and, for emergency responders, vigilance.
Two people were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out Thursday evening at a Nome eight-plex apartment at the intersection of East 3rd Avenue and Moore Way.
In Tuesday’s news: Fiber optic broadband is coming to Nome; Ambulance Chief, Victoria Erickson, will be with the Nome Volunteer Ambulance Department for two more years;…
In Monday’s News: 14-year-old Sammy Wilkakia is missing in Nome, last seen last Wednesday, AST say death of elderly Kiana woman suspicious, ABI & AST investigating;…