On the exchange for january 28th, we discussed what the future could look like at pilgrim hot springs. Thanks to everyone who joined our show today, with a special thanks to in-studio guests Gwen Holdmann with the Alaska Center for Energy & Power and Robert Bensin with the Bering Straits Development Company. During our show, we heard from Annie in Nome who discussed some of the healing benefits at the hot springs, while John in Nome shared his thoughts on building a railroad out to Pilgrim Hot Springs.
Listen above to hear our January 28th program.
This week on KNOM’s Exchange, we’re talking about the future of Pilgrim Hot Springs.
Robert Bensin from the Bering Straits Native Corporation (BSNC) and Gwen Holdmann, Director of the Alaska Center for Energy and Power (ACEP), will be joining us in the studio to talk about future plans for the land at Pilgrim.
- What would you like to see happen at Pilgrim Hot Springs in the future?
- What upgrades do you think need to be made to the property?
- Who should be able to use the land, and how?
- How do you see potential agricultural projects benefiting the community?
- Would you like to be involved in assisting with clean-up or maintaining the property?
Join the conversation: tune in on Thursday, January 28th at 10am, or leave a comment below.