In Monday’s news:
- Non-white groups remain at higher risk for HIV, AIDS in Alaska;
- Legislature extends 90-day session to tackle education, budgets;
- Bill to create partially state-owned natural gas pipeline goes to governor’s desk;
- Bill symbolically recognizing 20 Alaska Native languages as “official” passes;
- Fish and Game veterinarian warns invasive ticks pose threat to moose, humans;
- Large mammals weather warm winter mostly well;
- Deering’s “Northern Lights” team in national school mascot competition.