In Wednesday’s news:
- Nome’s Mike Morgan and Chris Olds are the first in to the mid-race layover in Nome;
- The Nome Board of Ed discusses the FY2015 budget, and hears public remarks on problems at NBHS during it’s regular meeting;
- Lawmakers in RCA Committee vote unanimously to approve HB 216, officially recognizing 20 Alaska Native languages;
- ATF agent says the improvised explosive device discovered at the Anchorage airport is not believed to have been intended as a weapon;
- Chairman of senate education committee says he wants higher funding for the BSA.