In Monday’s news:
- With the start of the 2014 Iron Dog Snowmachine Race last night, racers discuss the course, gear, and their ambitions;
- Secretary of State Kerry says in a letter to Sen. Begich he’s creating an Arctic ambassadorship;
- A bill that would allow qualified VPSO’s to carry firearms clears a senate committee;
- Iditarod Trail Committee Board of Directors meet today to decide whether to move the race’s restart to Fairbanks;
- Musher Brent Sass has announced he’s withdrawing from this year’s Iditarod after injuries sustained in the Yukon Quest race.