In Monday’s news:
- Gov. Sean Parnell introduced his new education package with a small increase for school funding;
- Pres. Obama’s declaration of a natural disaster in Western Alaska last week means public assistance money will be made available through FEMA;
- Former manager of the Fort Yukon Native Village Corporation faces felony embezzlement charges next month;
- Walmart quietly announces they will stock Alaska seafood products;
- A Yukon Quest official says warm weather is forcing them to adjust the trail, but the race will go on;
- Alyeska Resort in Girdwood closing it’s lifts amid unseasonably warm weather.