In Friday’s news:
- As the dredging season comes to an end, no answers over how increased mining activity will compensate environmental or civil costs taken on Nome and the region;
- AK State Personnel Board now counts same-sex partners of state employees as “immediate family.”
- Nome Port Commission met to discus the damaged Cape Nome Jetty, Deep Water Port Study, and harbor infrastructure;
- Scientists use the earwax of a dead whale to obtain clues about it’s age and life.
- Pope Francis appoints Fairbanks Bishop Donald J. Kettler to lead lead diocese of St. Cloud, in Minnesota.