In Monday’s news:
- NTSB says fatal plane crash in Big Lake occurred during aborted landing;
- Responders and residents racing winter to rebuild and return to homes in Galena;
- White House Office of Science and Technology Policy visited Nome this past week;
- UAF taking new approach to helping students struggling with depression that may lead to suicide;
- FAA clears way for unmanned aircraft to fly for Alaskan oil industry;
- Governor Parnell reappoints Jack Schultheis to Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.