In Monday’s news:
- Two 15-year-old Anchorage girls killed by intoxicated driver Friday;
- Coast Guard says Oregon-based fishing vessel has run aground near Valdez;
- Russia leading the way in commercial shipping along Northern Sea Route;
- Japanese political leaders move to revitalize country’s nuclear program – may affect Alaska’s LNG exports;
- Statewide Broadband Task Force planning on bringing high-speed broadband internet to Alaska by 2020;
- Interior wildfire season has come back to life.