In Monday’s news:
- Buckland resident indicted on 9 counts in the shooting of VPO;
- Coast Guard calls of search for third of three people missing after boat sank in southeast Alaska, Washington man survived by swimming to shore;
- Five Alaska oil & gas leases extended and approved by Alaska Department of Natural Resources;
- Rep. Don Young votes yes on legislation that would prevent the IRS from implementing any part of federal health care overhaul;
- For World Breastfeeding Week, NSHC raising awareness of benefits of breastfeeding;
- U.S. government officials meeting with Interior tribal leaders in Fairbanks to share info about federal programs;
- 13 mushers have signed up for 2014 Yukon Quest.