In Friday’s news:
- City of Galena receives $900,000 federal grant for flooding recovery;
- Senator Lisa Murkowski wants explanation for Army artillery use that potentially started wildfire;
- Representative Don Young votes to reduce borrowing costs for college students;
- State advisory panel holding summit on Alaska’s relationship with the federal government;
- Republican Bill Walker planning to run as unaffiliated candidate for governor;
- As Nome’s gold rush continues, meet a gold miner who has lived in Nome since 1979.