In Friday’s news:
- Infrared flights show Stuart Creek Wildfire nearly half the size previously believed;
- Alaska State Troopers investigating death of unidentified person recovered from lake near Palmer;
- State Senator Bert Stedman signs petition to repeal Senate Bill 21;
- U.S. Coast Guard terminates voyages of five commercial fishing vessels near Juneau;
- Norton Sound Hoop Camp this August brings world-renowned coaches to Nome;
- Eric Strabel wins men’s division in July 4th Mount Marathon race.