In Thursday’s news:
- Ice jam causing river flooding in Galena is slowly breaking up;
- Department of Law reviewing previous cases of man accused of murdering elderly Anchorage couple;
- After Unusual Mortality Event last year, fewer seals reported with sores and hair loss this year;
- Lieutenant Governor Mead Treadwell calling on maritime industry to assist Alaska in keeping Arctic waters safe;
- Alaska joining ten other states opposing cuts to federal royalty payments;
- Coast Guard captain wishes agency inspectors had looked at Shell’s tow vessel in addition to Kulluk.