In Tuesday’s news:
- Head of U.S. Coast Guard testified last week on Coast Guard’s 2014 budget request;
- Opponents of controversial tax cut for oil companies beginning to gather support for referendum;
- State Supreme Court gave Alaska Redistricting Board clarification last week;
- Nome Board of Education passes FY14 budget for Nome Public Schools;
- National Weather Service employees in Alaska may face furloughs this summer;
- Seventh annual Ski-2-Sea Biathlon held this past weekend in Nome;
- Winners in from Last Chance Snowmachine Race.