In Wednesday’s news:
- Department of Public Safety investigating possible necessary changes to allow VPSOs to carry firearms;
- Nome Joint Utility Board approved 2013 fuel contract for City of Nome last night;
- Nome Community Center and CAMP present facts on electronic cigarettes after their debut in Nome;
- Bethel City Council defeats ordinance prohibiting drunken walking;
- U.S. Department of Energy and State of Alaska will collaborate on future research of unconventional energy;
- President of Iceland announces new international assembly for discussion of Arctic issues.