This Thursday on Sounding Board (March 21, 2013 at 10am), we’re talking about the future of goods being shipped through the Arctic Ocean.
- How do you think this traffic will impact your community?
- Do you see any benefits to the opening of the Arctic Ocean for you or for the region?
- How do you think an increase in vessels will impact subsistence lifestyles?
- Are there any advantages or disadvantages for the environment with more vessels passing through?
- What recommendations do you have for legislators or shipping companies as they prepare to set up vessel traffic regulations?