In Thursday’s news:
- Alaska Natives met with legislators to express concern over resource development bills;
- Governor Sean Parnell explains appointment of Timothy Dooley to Nome Superior Court;
- Small airplane servicing Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race flipped while taking off;
- State elections official calling Senator Begich to correct statements about voting in Alaska;
- Senator Mark Begich introducing bill aiming to clarify mental illness and owning guns;
- Alaska residents could get lifetime hunting and fishing licenses;
- Project to archive records related to Exxon Valdez oil spill continuing.