In Friday’s news:
- Leaders in 2013 Iron Dog Snowmachine Race in middle of final 10-hour layover;
- Interior Secretary Ken Salazar has signed management plan that allows access to oil & gas resources on nearly half of NPR-A;
- Nome Public Schools personnel investigation has been forwarded to State Commissioner of Education;
- Nome’s Port Commission approves 2013 Port of Nome Strategic Development Plan;
- Measure requiring voters to show identification at polls held first hearing Thursday;
- Nome’s Police and Fire Chiefs gave recommendations for potential abatement properties, yesterday.