In Thursday’s News:
- Iron Dog restarting in Nome today, McKenna and Van Meter leading the pack as of 12 noon;
- Steven Gast to serve as Interim Superintendent for Nome Public Schools;
- Alaska’s oil-wealth portfolio hits all-time high of $45 billion;
- Legislative efforts to let voters decide whether public funds can be used for private schools supported by Governor Parnell;
- Human and sex trafficking most likely occurs in Alaska, according to new state task force report;
- Day honoring the late Governor Jay Hammond could be established by Alaska House bill.