In Friday’s news:
- Environmental research program partnering with eight state universities to study Hanna Shoal in Chukchi Sea;
- City of Nome moves one step further in case against Mike Benchoff;
- Nome parents, teachers and community members gathered last night to discuss Community Engagement Project;
- Alaska Department of Revenue won’t charge state property tax on Royal Dutch Shell PLC drill vessel, Kulluk;
- Alaska Senate scheduled to vote on resolution applauding state officials for fighting federal overreach.