In Friday’s news:
- Rally to be held at noon in Anchorage in support of Canadian tribes fighting legislation;
- Members of Bethel-based unit of Alaska Army National Guard will be honored for year-long Afghanistan deployment;
- Two-alarm fire has burned several units of a three-story Anchorage apartment building;
- Nome Elementary School continuing to make adjustments to improve students’ reading levels;
- Senator Mark Begich says there’s no question that drilling in Arctic will continue;
- Senator Mark Begich has no current interest in banning sales of assault weapons.