In Wednesday’s News:
- Nome resident Frank Carruthers stranded on an ice floe over the weekend, rescued by helicopters;
- Shell Oil drilling ship grounded in Gulf of Alaska, high winds and stormy seas preventing marine experts from boarding ship to check for damage;
- FDA releases draft report on genetically engineered salmon, Alaska’s Congressional delegation up in arms, report open to public comment;
- Rasmuson Foundation pledging millions to support arts in Alaska;
- Nome Boys and Girls Basketball report success at Sitka Tournament at the end of December.