In Thursday’s News:
- FDA okays genetically modified salmon; Begich, Murkowski and Young react;
- ConocoPhillips paying fines for 2006 & 2007 North Slope oil spills;
- Body of missing Coast Guardsmen recovered near Kodiak;
- Paul Johnson Memorial 450 Sled Dog Race returns for second year in 2013;
- Oil sheen discovered south of Homer;
- Phone books replaced by internet in urban Alaska; state regulators rule that companies no longer have to automatically distribute paper phone books in Fairbanks, Anchorage, Juneau and Kenai Peninsula.