Still have some whole wheat pancake mix left over from last week? Let’s use it to make waffles! But, what shall we top the waffles with? Oh! Orange sauce and pulled chicken!
This takes a VERY LITTLE amount of prep work. If you throw the chicken into the oven when you get up, it’ll be done by the end of your shower!
Ingredients: (serves 2-4)
4 half chicken-breasts
2 cups Orange Juice
2-4 oranges (if on hand)
2 Tbs flour
2 Tbs butter
- Preheat oven to 375
- Put the chicken breasts in a lightly oiled oven-proof pan – either glass or metal will be fine.
- Cover chicken with 1 cup of OJ
- Bake chicken for 30-45 minutes, until white all the way through
- Remove chicken to stand mixer with paddle attachment. Run on low speed for about 1 minute (or to desired shred level) to shred chicken.
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan
- Whisk in flour until you have a hot, bubbly roux
- Stir in OJ and any leftover juice from the chicken pan
- Heat until thick on spoon, about 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Optional: slice oranges, remove peel and any pith that comes with the peel
- Make waffles according to package directions; top with orange slice, chicken, and sauce.