In Friday’s news:
- Senate Republicans are vowing to continue a moratorium on earmarks this coming Congress;
- Alaska community is exploring solutions to a possible water shortage, this winter;
- Unattended candle a likely cause of fire in a downtown Juneau apartment building;
- Professional artist helping students paint a mural at the Wales School;
- Nome Health Fair begins today at the Nome Rec Center;
- Approaching holidays bring another year of Operation Santa Claus for Alaska National Guard.