In Thursday’s news:
- U.S. Coast Guard still waiting for detailed report of oily substance samples taken from wildlife on St. Lawrence Island;
- Norton Sound Regional Hospital had Grand Opening Celebration, yesterday;
- Five crew members from Polar Wind were rescued after tug & barge went aground;
- Federal scientists say lack of summer sea ice is changing behavior of Pacific walruses;
- Alaska Supreme Court heard arguments in appeal from State over same-sex marriage taxation issue;
- North Slope subsistence bowhead whaling completed for fall season.