In Wednesday’s news:
- Residents of Gambell travelled to St. Lawrence Island to find source of oil that contaminated seals, birds & ocean debris;
- Norton Sound Economic Development Corporation held board meetings, last week, to look into building Norton Sound hatchery;
- Alaska’s Commerce commissioner says the disaster from poor king salmon returns worse than first estimated;
- Subsistence fishermen trials scheduled for yesterday have been pushed back;
- Nome Board of Education approved addition of Teacher Aide staff position, at their meeting, last night.