In Tuesday’s News:
- Unalakleet woman accidentally shot in the legs by her sister after moose hunting trip;
- Era Aviation grounded 12 planes over the weekend, cockpit voice recorders out of date;
- Crane arrives and runway closed, runway construction resumes;
- Voter turnout in last month’s primary lowest in a decade;
- Damaged containment dome cancels Shell’s plans for exploratory drilling;
- Jr. High iPad program has students and staff excited and engaged.
*Correction: The crane for the runway work has not arrived. It should arrive on a barge tomorrow or Thursday. The work crew is removing asphalt, along with survey work, in preparation for the crane’s arrival.