In Wednesday’s News:
- Heavy rain and lack of drinking water in Kivalina prompts disaster declaration;
- Rain and high water threaten bridges, mining operations in other northwest communities;
- State attorneys file to challenge “per-clearance” section of federal Voting Rights Act;
- A federal appeals court says U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service correctly issued rules to oil companies regarding interactions with polar bears during Chukchi drilling;
- State health officials set to visit Nome to conduct voluntary screening of gold miners for mercury exposure.