In Wednesday’s news:
- Governor Sean Parnell rejects state-run health insurance exchanges for Alaska;
- The Coast Guard says no damage found on Shell’s oil rig after it slipped anchor Saturday;
- Mary’s Igloo Traditional Council, recovering from recent fire, receives $50,000 from National Endowment for the Arts;
- NSEDC begins four “egg take” salmon hatchery programs next week;
- UAF’s “Alaska Adapting to Changing Environments” program receives $20 million grant from National Science Foundation;
- 52nd annual World Eskimo Indian Olympics kicks off today in Fairbanks.