In Monday’s news:
- Governor Sean Parnell seeks federal disaster declaration for king salmon fisheries on Yukon and Kuskokwim Rivers;
- Alaska Nanuuq Commission, U.S. Fish & Wildlife in Shishmaref detailing new international quota for subsistence harvest of polar bears;
- Body of woman found south of Barrow identified as 28-year-old Eliza Mae Simmonds;
- Shell Oil’s drill rig Noble Discoverer drifts dangerously close to shore in Unalaska;
- Staff at College of Rural & Community Development holding fundraiser for cancer-fighting vice chancellor Bernice Joseph.