In Monday’s news:
- Greenpeace vessel Esperanaza leaves Kodiak, makes its way north in campaign against arctic drilling;
- The Alaska Judicial Council chooses two candidates for Governor Parnell to appoint to Alaska Supreme Court;
- Kawerak seeks to lease space for cultural center in planned Richard Foster building;
- University of Alaska president Pat Gamble proposes two percent tuition hike;
- Bethel enjoys thousands of free Taco Bell tacos after hoax promising a new restaurant gets company’s attention;
- Fifty-four mushers sign up for the 2013 Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race after first draw on Saturday.