In Wednesday’s news:
- Local and national groups meet in Nome to discuss ways the Bering Strait & other arctic environments can be protected;
- Two Shell vessels leave Seattle for exploratory drilling in the Beaufort and Chukchi Seas;
- The Nome School Board considers expanding Anvil City Science Academy charter school;
- TriWest Healthcare and Norton Sound Health Corporation to provide care for active military personnel in the region;
- The bar-tailed godwit, migrating from Australia/New Zealand, now nesting in Nome (hear more in Wednesday’s Profile).