In Thursday’s news:
- Several villages and dozens of boats protest subsistence fishing closures along the Kuskokwim;
- Small plane crash north of the Brooks Range injures 3;
- Governor Parnell appoints Anchorage attorney Chuck Ray to Bethel Superior Court;
- Nome City Council approves $10.7 million budget, considers property tax mill rate increase;
- Costs for this year’s special legislative session estimated over $460,000;
- Despite fires in the north and west, fire officials say Alaska’s fire season relatively quiet;
- Nome/Council Highway closing tonight between mile 62 and 63 for brief demolitions.