In Wednesday’s news:
- With extremely low numbers in the Yukon Chinook salmon run, Fish and Game begin subsistence closures;
- US Supreme Court decision in Ramah Navajo case, seeking full payment of federal contracts with tribes, to have big implications in Alaska;
- US House passes Representative Don Young’s Sealaska bill;
- President of the National Congress of American Indians says federal, state governments should provide voter registration at IHS facilities;
- Jacob Weatherby is Nome’s new Community Service Officer (hear more in Wednesday’s profile);
- the trans-Alaska oil pipeline marks 35 years of production today.