In Tuesday’s news:
- The Center for Biological Diversity Alaska plans to sue the National Marine Fisheries Service for failing to list ringed and bearded seals as threatened;
- Kuskokwim subsistence fishermen face another salmon fishing closure, the longest closure in that river’s management history;
- Militia leader Schaeffer Cox, other militia members convicted on nine federal charges, including conspiracy;
- Governor Parnell signs a bill sponsored by the late state House Representative Carl Gatto;
- NOAA scientists scouting Alaska’s coasts for debris from last year’s Japanese tsunami;
- Coast Guard in Valdez monitors vessel grounded in Prince William Sound near salmon hatchery.