In Friday’s news:
- Guideline harvest for Norton Sound red king crab set at 465,450 pounds;
- “Success Beyond Barriers” selected as the theme for 2012 Alaska Federation of Natives;
- $27 million going to rural Alaskan communities through federal Payment-in-Lieu-of-Taxes (PILT) program;
- Alaska Permanent Fund Corp. did not heed Governor Parnell’s call for divestment in Iranian firms;
- Failing to officially vote on its municipal budget, Nome City Council schedules formal vote for next week;
- Possible historic aircraft debris, bones discovered by Knik Glacier;
- City of Nome honors the late Greg Kruschek with road, equipment building dedications.