this week on Sounding Board:
A New Gold Rush?
Thursday, April 5, 2012, 10:00 am
- Thanks to attractive gold prices, a 9-million-dollar lease sale, and recent reality TV, dozens of miners are planning on setting up shop in Nome. Then what?
- What do you think about the influx of miners?
- What are the costs and opportunities?
- How much reason is there for concern? How much is hype?
- How does the annual influx of miners affect your business? Or public services?
- What do we need to do to have a successful and safe summer mining season?
Hear what this show is about:
Join the Conversation
If you're in Nome, call:
If you're in a Western Alaska village, call: