This Thursday on Sounding Board (November 1, 2012 at 10am), we’re talking about organ donation.
Are you an organ donor? In many cases, we’re asked that question only while in line at the DMV, but for some people, that question is a matter of life and death. Donated organs can save lives, but Western Alaska presents many challenges to preserving organs and donors alike.
- Why (or why not) have you chosen to be an organ donor?
- What do you know about the process?
- How do your beliefs about life after death come into contact with your decision to donate or not?
- Have you or a loved one received an organ transplant? How has life changed?
- Should youth and elders be eligible to donate?
- How far are you from the nearest hospital?
- Do those close to you know which decision you’ve made?
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
If you’re in a Western Alaska village, call:
Send us your comments!