Last updated Thursday, August 4, 2011; the latest updates are highlighted.
Thursday, July 14th, 2011
- 9:00am - 4:00pm:
KNOM 40th Anniversary Open House
- 12:00 - 2:00pm: Hot dog barbeque
KNOM Studios (outside)
- 780 free hot dogs! Open to the community.
- 12:10pm: Studio dedication ceremony
West side of KNOM Studios (outside)
- 5:00pm: Mass
St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Nome
- Catholic Mass marking KNOM's 40-year anniversary and the 10-year jubilee of Father Ross Tozzi
- 7:00 - 10:00pm: Staff party / KNOM volunteer reunion
East End Park, Nome Parish Hall, St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Nome
- A cookout for KNOM volunteers and staff from the past and present, with deejayed music 'til 10pm.
- Please note the location change: party moved to St. Joseph's Catholic Church because of potential for inclement weather.
Friday, July 15th, 2011
- 9:00am - 5:00pm: Volunteer Appreciation Day
- A day for former KNOM volunteers; stop by for a piece of cake, have a look around, and share your memories of volunteering at KNOM.
- 6:00pm: No-host dinner for friends of KNOM
Airport Pizza, Nome
Profile: "40 Years of KNOM"
To celebrate 40 years of broadcasting to Western Alaska, KNOM staffers David Dodman and Kelly Brabec look back on the years that have come before them. Originally broadcast Thursday, July 14, 2011 (learn more about this show).
40th Anniversary Newscast - Featuring KNOM News Reporter Alumni
For the 5pm newscast on KNOM's 40th anniversary (July 14th, 2011), newsie alumni Claire Richardson, Katy Clark, Michael Jones, and Paul Korchin read the news of the day (learn more about this newscast).
*New* Happy Sweet Birthday Song!
For years, KNOM listeners have enjoyed the song "Happy Sweet Birthday" - composed and performed by KNOM alumna Mary "MJ" Hartman - at the station's twice-daily hotline program. For KNOM's 40th anniversary, MJ re-recorded a special version of her song, with new lyrics for the station's birthday: